It had to happen: Papyrus is now available at version 4.0! That’s Papyrus “Photon” for those of you who follow the Eclipse release names.
Curious about what was done in this release? You can find that in the list of addressed issues (a.k.a., the bug list). The following topics are addressed:
- A new preference has been introduced to keep stereotype application with their base element see StereotypeApplication Preference
- The hyperlink navigation has changed see Hyperlink Navigation
- Add a preference page to configure the visualization of external decorator see External Decorator
- Add auto-completion to select the type in the property view see Auto complete type
- Add an export to HTML to see model without papyrus see HTML Export
- Development and adaptation of the Layer tool for the diagrams Layers .
- Synchronization with ELK see ELK adaptation
- Tables improvements:
- display of a string instead of N/A
- Matrix improvements
- save by UUID not the positon
- Diagrams improvements:
- some problems about the name label of ports have been fixed
- some resize action in the class diagram have been fixed.
- sequence diagram – Better movement management of Elements, introduction of combined fragment, RCPTT tests.
- Integrate a tool to adapt your model based on the modification of the profile
- Architecture framework : stabilization (easier customizations/modifications by the users) and bug corrections
Want to try it out? Here are a few links to help you:
- Update site
- RCP (With the “RCP*”, you can just download and run!)
- And of course you could stil use the Eclipse Installer!
(* In case you were wondering, “RCP” stands for “Rich Client Platform 😉